Wednesday 3 July 2013

Aluminium Foil Mixed Media

I started experimenting with aluminium foil when I was asked to do a summer workshop with children recently.  I decided to do owl with them as a theme project.  Here is some of their work.
 
 
They tried out cats too
 
Waxed with shoe polish to finish

 
 
 
New Clay Owls and stamped medallions, drying before painting.
 
However I decided to take it a step further myself so I did the following.
I found a lovely old dressing table drawer and decided it was my challenge.
I sanded it and painted the inside in Annie Sloan Chalk Paints.  It was then waxed with Annie Slone Clear wax.
 
 
 

If you look closely you will see where I added skeleton leaves under the foil to give texture and hide damage that was on the surface.  I used plumbers foil tape as it was sticky and worked brilliantly.  Then I painted it with alcohol inks in various colours to give a beautiful finish.

I am delighted with the outcome of this and have another one to do.  I have thoughts of putting legs under it to make a small table.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment