Monday 29 August 2011

My miniature Life and Love

I always wanted a dolls house and in  1999 I set about my journey into miniatures!! What a Journey!  I got sucked in and I am still working down the scales at 1/144th at the moment.  I built my first house in 1/12th scale.  I enjoyed collecting all the items and making what I could.  I spent 8 weeks making a patchwork quilt hand pieced and stitched for the bed.  It was a labour of love and worth every stitch.  I have many treasured items collected on my travels around the world.  My second scale was 1/24th so it is almost completed.  I got a comission to do the Street Scene in 2004 seen here and it is proudly displayed in a Pub in the Galway area. 

2 comments:

  1. Life of the Caterpillar is eye catching.
    3DMixed Media Collage, liked the dept of the collage

    ReplyDelete